Spendometer helps you keep track of your spending on your mobile phone.
Download Spendometer for free onto your mobile phone here.
How do I get it?
- To download Spendometer you will need either an Android phone, an iPhone or any mobile phone that can run Java (J2ME) applications / games.
- All you need to do is click here and enter your phone number and the Spendometer will be sent to you in a text message. Once you've opened the text, just follow the instructions!
- If you have an iPhone you can download the Spendometer from the App Store. All you need to do is search for 'Spendometer' and follow the usual steps to download an application.
- If you have an Android phone you can either download the Spendometer from the Market or from this site (prefered). You will need to install a bit of software that allows your phone to run J2ME applications before you install Spendometer. Follow the instructions here.
What will it cost me?
- The Spendometer is completely free to download and to use, although on some tariffs you may pay a small amount for the GPRS download. Please check with your mobile phone service provider.
Why do I need it?
- If you can't work out where your money goes each week, or if you're trying to stick to a budget it's a good idea to keep a record of everything you spend.
- Yet, in today's busy society it's hard work writing everything down in a notebook.
- The Spendometer allows you to quickly and easily enter your spending on your phone and it keeps a record of what you've spent for you.
- You can set your own spending limits, and receive reports of how much you've spent, either, daily, weekly or monthly.
- The Spendometer also has a 'credit' function so you can also record anything you have bought on credit.
- By using the Spendometer tool you can keep track of what you're spending and check if you can afford something before you buy it – it's a savvy way to stay in control of your money.